We’re thrilled to announce that Off2Class 2.0 is here!
Our new ‘live mode’ classroom has been rolled out to our beta testing group and we’re excited to tell you all about it!
We’re calling our new classroom ‘Live Mode’ as you can now edit and interact with our content live, with your students.
All existing controls in our classroom (pen, zoom, canvas, audio, typing tool) are now synced between you and your students. We’ve also added a host of new interactive controls (live chat, translate, text-to-speech, image search, dictionary) to the classroom!
Best of all, when your students join your live lessons, you can give them access to a pen tool and editing privileges for an awesome interactive learning experience!
The Live Mode classroom is not just a new feature but an entirely new way of using Off2Class… with endless teaching possibilities!
- Live edits between you and your students. All of the text strings inside the Off2Class classroom are now clickable elements. Answer a gap fill question, write your own sentence, rewrite an example – bring on the interactivity!
- Student-side controls. Your students can now interact live with the Off2Class learning content via a pen tool and editing capabilities. Have your students answer a gap fill question, circle an appropriate image, match items and locate particular words.
- Powerful new teaching controls. We’ve added live chat, text-to-speech, translate, dictionary look-up and translation! Available to you via the click of a mouse.
- Say goodbye to screen sharing! If you’re teaching online, screen sharing can be clumsy and use up a lot of bandwidth. There’s no more need to use your videoconference system’s share screen feature with Off2Class! In Live Mode, all pen marks, zooming, typing, lesson audio and canvas elements on your side of Off2Class are mirroed on the student side of Off2Class, live!
- Videoconference integration. If you’re using a URL-based videoconference system such as Zoom.us or GoToMeeting (any system by which your students click a URL to join your session), you can load your URLs into your profile page. When you and your students join a lesson, you are each prompted to launch the videoconference.
- Group interactivity for classroom environments. Have your class interact over your live lessons by enrolling each of your students into your classroom. Perfect for a tablet-equipped classroom or a ‘bring-your-own-device’ environment.
How do you I obtain access to this new bag of tricks?
Our ‘live mode’ classroom is still in beta but we’re keen to share it with you. We have a limited number of spots left in our beta pool for current Off2Class subscribers. Send us a message and we’ll add you the beta list!